- Bachelor of Science in Genetics – University of Kansas
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC)
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry residency– UMKC
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics residency – UMKC
- Master's of Science in Bone Biology - UMKC
Before orthodontic residency training, Dr. Kim did residency training in Advanced Dentistry where she gained further experience in comprehensive full-mouth reconstruction, implant restoration, and cosmetic dentistry. This experience made her realize how critical orthodontic treatment is to the foundation and prevention of extensive dental treatments. During her orthodontic residency training, Dr. Kim also participated in a Master's research focused on bone regulation and osteoporosis. Her work was presented at the national bone research meeting and was awarded Distinguished Master's Thesis Award from the university. Dr. Kim is currently a board-certified orthodontist. She has been correcting malaligned bites and creating beautiful smiles in Rochester, MN since 2007.
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
- American College of Dentists, Fellow
- American Association of Orthodontists, Delegate Vice-Chair
- Midwestern Society of Orthodontists, Secretary/Treasurer
- Minnesota Association of Orthodontists, President
- UMKC Orthodontists Alumni Association, past President
- Zumbro Valley Dental Society, past President
- Smiles Change Lives Program Provider since 2005
Outside the Office
Dr. Kim moved to Rochester, MN in 2007 from Kansas City for her husband’s medical training at the Mayo Clinic. They are happy to call Rochester home. A mother to twin boys, she stays busy with their activities. When she's not bending wires, she enjoys traveling and cooking with friends and family.